Please sign in to post.

EasyJet

Has anyone flown EasyJet before that can comment on their quality of service? For the cheap airfare, it almost seems too good to be true...

Posted by
9363 posts

I have used Easyjet, and I loved it (especially the price). The flight attendants were very friendly, the plane was clean, and the flight even got in a bit early. Just make sure you understand and follow their rules and you should have no problems.

Posted by
1078 posts

It, and Air Berlin are my 2 preferred carriers when I travel either for business or leisure in the EU. They have never disappointed me, and, as Steve said, be sure to read and understand all the fees.

Posted by
22 posts

Two weeks ago we flew EasyJet for the first time from Edinburgh to Munich. The plane was clean and the flight attendants were very nice. We did comply with their luggage and carry-on rules so we were not charged any over-weight fees. It is cheaper to pay for your checked bags on-line. Be sure to read their baggage rules. Your boarding pass states the airport check-in time. They do not let you check-in earlier than that. They also did not announce the gate number until about 20 minutes before the flight time. There are no seat assignments or zone boarding. Everyone just lined up. At Edinburgh we walked out to the plane and they had the stairs at the front and back of the plane. Because of their strict carry-on rule, the plane boards very fast. There is a menu and the flight attendants wheel the cart down the aisle. Food and drinks are reasonable. Next they wheeled a cart down that had souvenirs and sundrie items for sale. Next they came down the aisle selling lottery tickets. By that time, we were really amused! I would not hesitate to book a flight with them again.

Posted by
2779 posts

Tiffany, please tell us which routes you're looking for. We might be able to recommend a less restrictive and more service-oriented airline at equally low fares...

Posted by
26 posts

Hi Andreas,

I'm looking to fly from Madrid to Lisbon. Originally I had thought of taking the overnight train instead but it seems that EasyJet is the cheaper and obviously faster option? Thank you so much for your help!

Posted by
32206 posts

Tiffany,

EasyJet is my favourite budget carrier in Europe. I've found the prices reasonable and the staff are great. To put it another way, the travel experience with them was "easy".

I used EasyJet recently for a flight from Rome to Athens, and everything was great.

Happy travels!

Posted by
2779 posts

AirEuropa.com, too, fly that route. I looked up fares for September not knowing when you would actually want to travel and it was €41 one-way incl. taxes. Air Europa is about to being accepted as SkyTeam member (the alliance of Delta, Air France, etc.)

Posted by
252 posts

The only problem I had with Easy Jet was their carry-on allowances. On their website, it stated a dimension limit which I was well within. But, when I got to the airport, they made me weigh my carry-on and determined it was over the limit for a carry-on. It didn't matter that I had a print out of what the website stated, I had to pay $70 for hold baggage fees which was double what I paid for the ticket.

Posted by
73 posts

They weighed it? How heavy was it? I would file a complaint with Easyjet, as their Carrier's Regulations (referred to in their general terms) state that "Save where the limits set locally are more restrictive, passengers are permitted one standard piece of hand baggage to a volume limit of 56x45x25cm (including wheels and pockets) (“Standard Hand Baggage”). It must fit without force into the gauges provided at check-in or departure gates. No weight restriction applies within reasonable limits — i.e. a passenger must be able to place the piece of luggage safely in the overhead storage bins without assistance."

Posted by
668 posts

I have flown EJ several times and never saw them weigh the handluggage - strict on the checked, though. I seem to recall at check-in they had a sign on their size bin that said, "If it fits, it flies!" or a slogan something like that.

Posted by
977 posts

Easy jet weighted my hand luggage out of Luton to Naples in 2004. Flew with them again in 2008 from Belfast to Edinburgh. This time hand luggage wasn't weighed??? They are very strict about ONE piece of carry on luggage.

Posted by
26 posts

When they mean 1 piece of carry on, does that include your purse or is it 1 personal item + 1 carry on, just like in all other airlines?

Posted by
1976 posts

It's one carry-on, period. On one of my Europe trips my friend and I lost our luggage and all I had was my backpack, which I brought from home, plus a little duffle bag I bought in Paris (14" x 9" x 5"). We flew EasyJet from Berlin to London Luton. They only allowed one carry-on bag so I took my backpack and had to check the little duffle bag. The lady who checked us in was amused that I was checking such a small bag, but the rules held.

Posted by
977 posts

Tiffany they do count your purse as carry on which I found a bit odd. I just put it in my carry on bag and took it out when I got on the plane. Bit ridiculous really.

Posted by
668 posts

Tiffany: I have no problem with EasyJet, as I said in a pp, but be sure to comply strictly with their rules about baggage, check in, boarding pass, etc, or it will be costly. Their extra charges for deviations are high.

Posted by
188 posts

Think of EasyJet as the Southwest Airlines of Europe. I found them easy to fly and had no problems with their carry on restrictions (although I did tuck my purse into my carry on bag and take it out once on board..a bit silly, imho). I would fly them again. My experience was from Stansted to Prague (for what amounted to $49).

Posted by
159 posts

I've flown EasyJet twice. The most recent trip was last Thursday from Paris to Madrid. The plane was about an hour late and then we had to wait on the tarmac for forty-five minutes...we were told it had to do with Madrid's air traffic controllers. Other than that, we had a great experience. The captain was wonderful, even invited people into the cockpit for pictures and the flight attendants were very nice. Similar to Southwest except that they sell items, but better than Ryanair which feels like one sales pitch after the other. Cindy http://embracing-the-journey.blogspot.com/