Please sign in to post.

EasyJet

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could share their experience(s) flying EasyJet? Specifically, I was wondering about their "ONE bag" policy. In the U.S. usually travelers get one carry on + one personal item (i.e. a purse, backpack, briefcase, etc.). But, EasyJet's website doesn't make a distinction. Does anyone know if they allow travelers to bring a "personal item" in addition to their carry on free of charge?

Thanks!

Posted by
9110 posts

One is one is one. And they're picky on size and weight.

Posted by
32330 posts

EasyJet is my preferred budget airline in Europe so I tend to fly with them one or more times each year. As Ed mentioned, their policy of one item of cabin baggage is strictly enforced. Cabin baggage has to meet sizing requirements, but there are no weight limits (however passengers are expected to lift items into the overhead bins on their own, as the flight crew won't be doing that).

I've never seen them make an exception with the one bag rule. I've seen some passengers place their "personal item" such as a purse inside their carry-on, and then remove it when they're on board the aircraft.

If you're going to be checking luggage and the item will be over their allowable weight limit, it's cheaper to pay for the higher weight at the time of booking rather than at the gate. Also, if your budge will allow I'd recommend paying for the speedy boarding as it makes the process easier.

Posted by
33565 posts

One is one. You can remove things from that bag once flying. I saw somebody try to get on with 2. They were relieved of one bag which went into the hold and they were relieved of a LOT of folding money.

Easyjet are picky, very picky, about the size of that carryon, and the weight of checked luggage.

To repeat - one is one.

Posted by
2081 posts

EuroTraveler,

i will echo, echo, echo, echo what has been posted.

also, make sure you have your boarding pass too.

on my last trip they emailed me and stated they were going to remove the ticket kisoks so i had to find a printer asap. i didnt bother to look for a ticket kiosk either since i already had my pass.

happy trails.

Posted by
9369 posts

I love me some EasyJet! But as the others have said, budget airlines in Europe are different than you have come to expect flying domestically. One means one.

Posted by
16895 posts

Having know the published limits and usually having pre-paid for a checked bag, I have had only good experiences with Easy Jet.

Posted by
14 posts

When they say one bag, they mean, one bag. I had to stuff my purse into my carryon before being allowed to board. That being said, we boarded smoothly, the staff was courteous to a fault and we were in the air within 10 minutes. Also, be prepared to walk across the tarmac to get to the plane. The best experience in the air that Ive ever had. Worth the strict bag limit. Happy travels.