Please sign in to post.

Easy Jet

I am looking at a flight from Barcelona to Charles de Gaulle on Easy Jet and was wondering if I should purchase the option for extra baggage now? How strict are they if you have a sm roll on suitcase and a carry on bag?

Posted by
9110 posts

Very. Read the fine print most carefully.

Posted by
1078 posts

Very strict--one means one. Purchase the baggage option when you buy on-line as it is cheaper than when you get to the gate.

Posted by
977 posts

They really mean one piece of luggage. When we flew from Belfast to Edinburgh, I had my over the shoulder small travel hand bag (purse) and a carry-on bag. Had to put my hand bag in my carry-on bag to check in. Never in all the times I have travelled has my hand bag been included as carry on????!!!! except with Easy Jet.

Posted by
32325 posts

Judy,

In all fairness to EasyJet, the ONE carry-on bag rule is fairly standard with most of the European budget airlines, although they may not all be too diligent about enforcing it. I suspect you would have had the same experience if you were flying with RyanAir or any of the others.

Cheers!

Posted by
977 posts

Not with Ryan Air or Easy Jet in 2004. Obviously things have changed. It's such a pointless rule, because as soon as I boarded the plane I took my hand bag out of my carry on bag and put it on shoulder!