Please sign in to post.

Early flight from Edinburgh

I need to be on a flight leaving Edinburgh at 6 AM. How early do I need to be at the airport and how much time should I allow to get from Dalkeith Road to the airport? Thanks!

Posted by
203 posts

I'm not sure how far in advance you have to be there. I think it depends whether you're flying domestic or international, but it should tell you somewhere on your flight confirmation. I would allow 30 mintues to get there from Dalkeith Road.

Posted by
27 posts

Thanks April - the standard "two hours" prior is recommended, but I've never been to airport outside of NY or ATL that is crowded for 6AM flights - just seeing if any one has any real life, real early Edinburgh experience. I got to figure an hour early should cover it, but.....

Posted by
591 posts

It's a very small airport..... have been there in the early morning & it's not crowded at all.
Interesting that Scott from Midlothian is traveling from County Midlothian Scotland : )

Posted by
27 posts

Great to know, thanks Tim. They borrowed our town name. ;-)

Posted by
95 posts

Depends if you have to check-in or if you already have your boarding pass and if you needto check-in luggage. If I had my boarding pass and only have hand luggage, an hour is plenty. The taxi company will advise what time to leave your accommodation once you tell them what time you need to be at the airport.

Posted by
95 posts

Depends if you have to check-in or if you already have your boarding pass and if you needto check-in luggage. If I had my boarding pass and only have hand luggage, an hour is plenty. The taxi company will advise what time to leave your accommodation once you tell them what time you need to be at the airport.