Please sign in to post.

Dubrovnik to Venice

We recently bought a round trip ticket to Venice. Our plans were to travel from Venice through Slovenia then Croatia ending in Dubrovnik. So far I have not found any easy way back to Venice for our return flight. There appears to be no direct flights that I can find, and Boat, Train, Bus and Car all seem to take several days to make the connections. Any ideas on a fairly quick return to Venice?

Posted by
1005 posts

It might be worth exploring the cost of a change fee on your airline tkts.

In 2005 we flew from Mpls. to London and then to Dubrovnik and worked our way from Dubrovink through Slovenia and ending in Venice. We always fly open jaw as it is usually not much more expensive and has always been more convenient for us. You do have to pay a higher drop fee on your rental car.

How are you planning on traveling from Venice to Slovenia and Croatia? Many restrictions on rental cars being brought from Italy into these countries. That is why we started in Croatia as there is no problem bringing the rental car into Italy.

Posted by
2 posts

Looks like we may be buying some expensive tickets to Rome.. Rome to Venice is really inexpensive..

It also appears that EasyJet will start flights from Split and Dubrovnik, but not until July.

Posted by
881 posts

If you can find a deal by for car John, driving through that part of Slovenia and Italy isn't bad at all (and kind of nice actually). Some of the companies do charge extra for going to Dubrovnik - ask.

If you're going round trip in/out of Venice, you could just arrange your car itin to do something on the way there, and the way back.

As for bus & train - yes, very inconvenient to be honest. I seem to remember there was a night train though? Maybe somebody knows.

Driving is sometimes easiest.