Please sign in to post.
Posted by
2267 posts

This story fails to address what I consider these carriers' biggest risk—especially the totally independent ones: Lack of frequency and no interline agreements.

If a flight gets canceled there's little to no chance of getting rerouted to arrive 6 hours or a day late. Lucky if they can get you to the destination the same week.

Posted by
8142 posts

What scares me about the long haul budget carriers is a lack of capitalization. Are they going to still be in business when it's time for me to travel. I was once left in Britain when Braniff Airlines went bankrupt and they stopped flying.

We have traveled to Europe many times on Norwegian Air Shuttle. They shuttled all their North American flights during the pandemic. And their brand new Boeing 787 leases have been taken by another airline. They remain in business in Europe, however.

For some unknown reason, we usually fly EasyJet every year going somewhere in Europe. You just have to be aware of their terms and conditions of their tickets.

Posted by
345 posts

I recently flew on PLAY airlines. I had a good experience -- no complaints. I would have thought they might have been included in the article. I m curious if they are considered to be in a different category. Seems many of the characteristics apply.

Posted by
17918 posts

Don't know about the long haul flights, but Wizz and Ryan do a very good job. Sure, some routes are 3 days a week, but many 2 flights a day, 5, 6, or 7 days a week. If you get canceled and there isnt another flight that day, book another carrier and wait for your $75 refund.