Please sign in to post.

Delta $590 fare NONSTOP between JFK & Zurich in Spring 2020

I have been planning on a solo trip to Switzerland asking questions in the Switzerland forum but had not bought airfare yet waiting with great hopes for a fare reduction. I found one today!

I don't know how long it will last but flying on a Wednesday out and returning the following Wednesday in the main cabin, the fare is $590.93 for next April. Basic Economy is even cheaper ----- $490.93.

FYI for anyone interested in travel between JFK & Zurich.

Posted by
11294 posts

In the headline, Continental said the airline was Delta, but in my experience, the others usually match it or are very close (United out of Newark and Swiss out of both Newark and JFK).

Posted by
1582 posts

Great, thanks! Is that particular fare specifically for April travel in Spring 2020?

Posted by
180 posts

I've been really surprised how cheap airfare is getting, Delta and American have really cheap flights to Paris and Milan, and now Zurich. I booked a multistop from JFK to CDG and returning from FCO to JFK for around $1000 each for next may, and that was with Comfort+

Posted by
3996 posts

I checked Swiss from JFK on the same dates and they did NOT match it. Swiss Economy Saver is $848, Economy Light is $747, and regular Economy is $2,269 for the same itinerary. Roundtrip between Newark & Zurich is much more.

Rjean, I want to travel in April so I specified my search for mid April. So I just picked a Wednesday to Wednesday itinerary between May 6 - May 13 & May 13 - May 20 and found the same $590 fare. From May 20 - May 27, the airfare skyrockets.

Posted by
180 posts

yeah, I looked too and couldn't find it. I also checked my $1000 multi city trip for may, and it's $200 more per ticket now than it was a month ago

glad I booked

Posted by
3996 posts

FYI

I received an email from Delta that the same fare of only $590 round-trip is being offered starting after Labor Day and going through at least end of November for mid week travel between JFK and Zürich.

Anybody who wants to go to Switzerland as soon as next month, go for it!