Please sign in to post.

DB Bahn Website

I'm on the website and unable to figure out how to purchase the tickets. Dec 29 Budapest to Munich. It looks like I can't book anything for after Dec 11, but I waited until we are now within 90 days so I'm stumped - can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Posted by
19240 posts

You're not doing anything wrong. The DB schedule is published for the second Sunday in June to the second Sunday in December, but they do publish the new schedule before December 11. I don't remember how far before. Be patient.

Posted by
989 posts

Thanks Lee - Guess I'll be waiting a little longer. I had thought you had to purchase 90 days out to get the best priced fares ......so I suppose that is not necessarily true?

Posted by
62 posts

The only real pre-purchase limit is (IIRC) 3-days before travel. However, there are a limited number of the least expensive fares so they tend to go fast, especially for busier travel days. Recently I purchased tickets Frankfurt to Nuremberg about 60 days out and could have gotten the EUR 29 tickets. (We opted for a better time at EUR 39.) For a few days later, I purchased Nuremberg to Munich tickets and all trains that morning still had EUR 29 tickets. Obviously if the schedule is yet to be released, the tickets can't have sold out.

Posted by
19240 posts

Three days before travel is the latest you can purchase the Sparpreis tickets. Those discount tickets normally go on sale 92 days (3 months) out, but the Bahn doesn't sell any tickets until the schedule for that time has been finalized and announced. The schedule runs from the 2nd Sunday in June or December (this year the 12 of December), but it is always posted to the website before than. So all I can tell you is keep looking, every day.