Please sign in to post.

Customs

Hi guys! I've been looking online but can't seem to find the answer. My husband and I are leaving this Friday, Flying from NC to Poland with stops in Chicago and Frankfurt. Our question is, will we have to go through customs in Germany? Meaning, will we have to recover our bags and move them onto our connecting flight like we do when we return from Europe? We've never had a connecting flight always a direct flight to Europe so we are trying to figure out what to expect since we have a short layover in Frankfurt. Thanks :)

Posted by
20979 posts

Poland is in the Shengen Zone, so when you get off the plane in Frankfurt, you will go through Shengen Immigration, your passport will be checked and stamped with your entry date. Your bags, however, should be checked through to Poland, so you do not go through "customs" until you pick your bags up there. That will probably mean just exiting baggage claim through the "Nothing to Declare" door.

Posted by
23572 posts

European immigrations and especially customs is nothing like the US. Far, far easier and simpler.