Please sign in to post.

Croatia

I will be visiting Croatia in 2011. Does anyone know which airlines fly into Dubrovnik from Italy or France? Are there ferries that go to Dubrovnik? Thanks.

Posted by
118 posts

Hi Jan,

What little I've seen of Croatia (Dubrovnik area) was lovely! I don't know much about the airlines, but here's some ferry info:

There are several ferry options for connecting from Italy. Venice, Ancona, and Bari are the major ports in Italy. There are frequent overnight ferries from Ancona to Split and from Bari to Dubrovnik. You have more route options from May-September, like Ancona-Dubrovnik; certain lines don't run in the off-season.

We found our private berth on the Bari-Dub overnight ferry to be very comfortable and reasonably priced - and you can't beat the feeling of waking up in the morning with a view of the beautiful Dalmatian Coast! I think the ferry left at 10 p.m. and arrived at 7.

Viamare is an easy-to-use website for ferry info, since it consolidates the schedules of several companies. But when you actually purchase your tickets, buy direct from the ferry company -- the biggie is Jadrolinja.

Enjoy Croatia!

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks, very much, Jeff. That is a terrific airline schedule. I have saved it to share with my traveling companions.