Please sign in to post.

Connection time

Connecting in PHL for flights from RDU to CDG and back. Both ways, the connection time is ~2 1/2 hours. Given the current dismal state of airports, does that seem like enough, particularly for going to CDG? Seemed fine when I booked them, but not sure now…. BTW, this is in October.

Posted by
2745 posts

More than enough time going to anywhere (it's not different going to CDG than LHR or anyplace else) All you have to do is go from one gate to another.

Coming back it's probably plenty of time.

But between now and October expect a dozen changes!

Posted by
7811 posts

I don't see how your connecting flight from the USA would be affected by the fact that it is going to CDG or how your flight from CDG would have an affect on your connecting flight to RDU. And I agree that the flight schedule you wanted could change between now and October 2022.

Posted by
2737 posts

I presume this is on American, as it is going and coming through Philadelphia. This is our home airport. if you are on one ticket you will be more than fine. All you will need to do on arrival on your outbound is transit airside from your arrival terminal to Terminal A. It is not a long walk, you will have plenty of time. On your return you will be sent straight through to the immigration hall, and we have the scanning machines. We have found it is generally about 25 minutes from out the cabin door to exiting the customs line (you still have to take a person by person perp walk there) and calling our pick-up. You will have to go through security again to get airside, but that should not be an issue, you can choose any terminal's security, and A would not only be closest but also the least busy. Looking at the possible flights, at 3'25" you should have excess time.

Posted by
609 posts

In this instance I would neither worry nor give it a second thought. There are so many things that could potentially impact your flights especially at the last moment for better or for worse. If everything worked like clockwork I would be very happy with this connection (even wishing it was just a bit less time).