Please sign in to post.

Connection at Heathrow

We are arriving at Heathrow at 0825. Planning a connecting flight to Athens, Greece either at 1040 or 1145. Both flights will be in Terminal 5. Will the 1040 flight provide enough time to go through immigration/customs?
Thanks.

Posted by
445 posts

I would plan on the later flight to AThens. Your flight could be delayed taking off, delayed in landing (Heathrow is a VERY busy airport).Will your bags (if any checked) be checked through to Athens? If so, that will speed things up as you will not have to collect them. But the immigration line can take forever at Heathrow.

Posted by
9363 posts

Rather than risk missing the flight, I'd vote for the 11:45 flight as well. You're only losing an hour. Missing the flight could cost you the whole day.

Posted by
410 posts

In the same terminal you should be OK but I would go for the later flight. That said I have not been to T5.

The greatest risk is that your incoming flight will be delayed.

Posted by
1455 posts

Janis, even at the same terminal, you don't know if your 1st flight is delayed. LHR has plenty of things to do to kill time, so I'd vote also for the later time.

Passport control/ Customs can take as little as 1/2 hour but can take 90 minutes... depending on how many other passengers arrived with you on other airlines.

After a long flight, you have time to freshen up, and get a bite to eat if you need to.