Please sign in to post.

Condor 767 Business class

Will those who have experienced it please comment.

Posted by
16288 posts

I will be curious to see if others have comments from personal experience. Do you get to use one of the lounges at Sea-Tac if flying Condor in Business Class?

Posted by
16288 posts

After reading those and other reviews by travel professionals, and comparing them with some individuals' reviews, I found that most of the complaints about Condor are centered on "poor customer service.". These were almost always people who missed their Condor long-haul flight because their inbound connecting flight on a different airline ( usually Lufthansa) was late. They complained that Condor would not re-book them on their next flight without repayment for a new ticket. Their view was that because Condor booked them as one ticket withbanshort connection time, Condor should be responsible. While that would be a valid point with major airlines, I will bet that this situation is covered in thenT&C's which the passengers did not read.

There was also an angry complaint from a group of four who drove from Spokane to Seattle on the same day as their flight, which departed at 4:45 pm. Bad traffic caused them to miss the check-in deadline and they were ot allowed to board the plane. I disregarded this complaint entirely---it was bad planning on their part to count on the usual time of 4.5 to 5 hours for driving from Spokane to Seattle, and plan to arrive at the airport 2 hours before their international flight.

So after considering the reviews--the good, the bad, and the ugly---I decided to book our return from Europe next summer in Condor business class. The price was pretty much irresistible---$1109 pp with an early booking discount. I won't have to worry about connecting flight problems as we will have just the one flight, direct from FRA to SEA. It is daytime flight, some will not mind that the seats are angle-flat rather than fully lie-flat. Apparently the food in Business Class is quite good.

The website is very user-friendly and the booking process very easy.

My husband is very happy with this plan as travel to Frankfurt will include a two-night stop in Colmar, a place we have long wanted to visit.

Posted by
4521 posts

That's an excellent price. Poor legroom, 1 free movie, and bad food are my major Condor complaints and those won't be a problem in business class. Security in FRA may be on a gate by gate system so slow.

Posted by
705 posts

Here are our recent experiences on Condor. (It wasn't business class, so if you want to stop reading that's okay.) In late February I bought premium economy tix for PDX-FRA round trip for early June departure for about what I would have paid for regular economy on a legacy airline. Knowing our destination was actually Warsaw, I thought I'd buy a separate ticket for that leg. Dumb me. The next day I telephoned Condor and asked if I could make our destination Warsaw on the same booking. The additional cost was less than I would have paid for a separate ticket. So far so good. About two days before departure I looked at our seat assignments and found they'd been changed. I telephoned again to complain--no luck. The explanation given was that equipment had changed and someone should have contacted me. That hadn't happened. So we flew up against the bulkhead in premium economy, but the leg room was amazing. Our meals were very good; the range of entertainment options (movies, music) was extensive. Returning from FRA three weeks ago the flight was fine, again the food couldn't be complained about, and we got to PDX on schedule. There were however a couple of little quirks--at FRA the plane was parked so far from the terminal that the bus ride seemed forever. For the extra 5-6 inches, no bag fee, and the free meals all at a good price, I'd fly Condor again.

Posted by
2622 posts

I've flown Condor Coach, Premium Economy and Business Class. Business class is great. It's not a true lie-flat seat - it's 170 degrees, not 180. I was plenty comfortable though. Tons of food, good movies. I don't know if you can use the lounge in Seattle but coming home to Seatac from Frankfurt, we were able to use the Lufthansa Business Class Lounge (NOT the Lufthansa First Class Lounge). We had to give Lufthansa a voucher to get in - Condor handed us the voucher when we checked in for our flight in Frankfurt.

Posted by
16288 posts

Thanks for your review, Valerie---good to know about the voucher for the Lufthansa lounge. In which terminal is it? One of the reviews complained that the gate was not listed until rather late, and getting from the Lufthansa lounge to the gate in a different terminal, and then the bus ride, took so long they almost missed the flight.

Do you by any chance belong to the AlaskaAirlines miles program? Now that Condor is a partner, one can get credit for miles flown on Condor, but you may need your boarding pass to claim the credit.