Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre to Florence

Traveling be train How do we get from Monerosso to Florence. I assume we have to go through Pisa, but How do we get to Pisa? Thanks
Ther will be 6 of us My husband and me and we are taking our 2 grown children and spouses to celebrate our 30th ann.

Posted by
11 posts

Use the trentalia website to search for your tickets. They show the various routes for you. Depending on when you are in Italy you really should have no problem buying when you are there.

Posted by
3313 posts

There are a number of trains that go from the CT to Pisa and Viareggio. You can then get to Florence from either city. You can find schedules on the Trenitalia website and the folks at the train stations can help you skip a transfer in La Spezia.

It's quite easy. Have a great time!

Posted by
6898 posts

All trains from the CT to Florence will go through La Spezia and Pisa. Almost all daytime runs, no matter what the time, will make you change trains in Pisa. Some runs will make you change in both La Spezia and Pisa (2 train changes). Here's a SAMPLE SCHEDULE

Posted by
21 posts

thanks a lot. Do you think even though there are 6 of us getting the tickets once we get to Italy will be soon enough Traveling the last week in Sept

Posted by
6898 posts

You shouldn't have any difficulty in getting your tickets when you arrive in Italy. Are you the same Becky in a different posting that is arriving in Milan on 9/28 and going from Florence to Rome on 6/4? If yes, you can easily pick up your tickets in Milan, Florence or Rome. BTW, happy 30th. What a great idea.

Posted by
21 posts

yes, I am. The graffiti wall has been great with getting some questions answered. We are arriving Milan to the riviera incuding C T on to Florence then to Rome. I have nver traveled by train. We are excited about the trip We are in our late 50's our children are late 20's and early 30's Thanks again Becky

Posted by
6898 posts

Becky, we are in our late 60s and have never travelled by train this way either. It was really easy despite the occasional late train (no missed connections, however). Go with the flow. One big hint is to pack light. Some stations have stairs between their platforms. 25 down and 25 up to change platforms. Occasionally, your next train is in the station and you need to hurry. The neatest feature in every train station is the train schedule posted in a glass case. This large piece of paper shows every train (by number) leaving the station during the day. It's broken down by hour. It shows every stop made by every train. It also shows the track number. You'll see the Italians (and others) gravitate to this schedule at each stop. It's really informative. For it's size and complexity, the train system really works well.