Please sign in to post.

cinque terre

I will be in Umbria( San Gemini) in June and would like to go to CT there and back in one day. I will have a car. Tourist board said I could do one way in 2 1/2 hrs. Looking at the map I see it may take 4 hrs., then we will not be able to do this in one day. Is there a route that will only take 2 1/2 hours? Thanks so much,
Janice

Posted by
33555 posts

It is something over 400 km each way with you hopping straight onto the fastest roads including the A1 right outside San Gemini. If you want to do 400 km in 2 and a half hours you will have to do 160 kph which is 100 mph the entire way. That is against the law and likely will result in loss of your license and possible impounding the car. A reasonable amount of time to plan with would be 4 to 4 and a half hours each way. Don't forget the stops for tolls and money for the tolls too.

Posted by
15892 posts

You can make it in 2 and 1/2 hours with a Ferrari driven by Fernando Alonso, assuming no other car is allowed on the freeway. Not sure what tourist board you consulted, but I wouldn't consult it anymore if that is the info they give you.
Four hours is more correct with a regular compact car driven by ordinary people who are not professional F1 race car drivers.