Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terra trains

Hi
Is there a site which lists the timing of trains wihtin the Cinque Terra? I am arriving from Rome on a Mon evening by train to La Spezia (1751). From there I would nneed to train to my hotel in Monterosso...help! I need to chekc the evening train schedules OT be sure this is do-able but cannot find the site for local train times...
Thanks

Posted by
586 posts

Here's a web address, Nancy, to copy and paste into your browser. The date on this schedule is old, but it's probably still good...and keep in mind that the slow local Cinque Terre trains run every few minutes (not always on time) so that unless you're arriving very, very late at night you'll have no problems connecting. http://5terre.itgo.com/timetab.htm

Posted by
12172 posts

My experience was the local trains ran about every hour (maybe half hour) but I don't recall whether they ran all night. If you are very late, and you can't locate a schedule, you could ask your hotel.

Posted by
8700 posts

If you arrive in La Spezia at 17:51, you can catch a regional train at 18:06 which will arrive in Monterosso at 18:33. The next train after that one is an IC train that leaves at 18:40. There are several more well into the evening.

For timetables go to either www.trenitalia.com or www.bahn.de.