Please sign in to post.

Checked baggage

We have not checked baggage in years. This trip though, we did a lot of shopping and need to check a bag each for the flights home tomorrow. We are flying from Munich to CDG to Seattle. I can’t remember, do we need to collect our luggage at CDG and recheck it for the Seattle flight? Thanks!

Posted by
8421 posts

When you check the bag in Munich, look and see that they've tagged it for SEA via CDG and you can relax.

Posted by
11127 posts

Yes, always check the tag! One time we were shipping our dog in a crate in baggage and they put a different destination tag on it. We corrected it and always check each tag now.

Posted by
3961 posts

I echo others to check the luggage tag prior to it heading down the conveyor belt. I also ask the agent that it was tagged to go straight through! Yes, I’m obsessed. lol. Hope you enjoyed your journey! ;J

Posted by
23235 posts

As all the others have posted -- it should checked through to final airport if everything is on one ticket. You will go through immigration/passport control for exiting the Schengen zone in Paris.

Posted by
2004 posts

Thank you all. Yes I too double check the baggage tag, but a great reminder. We are on one ticket, so good to know we won’t have to deal with that. Packing today was interesting as it was 3 women who went for the Christmas markets😉

Posted by
2004 posts

Thank you again:) At Munich we used the kiosks and bagged our luggage ourselves so it was very easy to double check the destination tag. Our bags arrived in SEA on time.