Please sign in to post.

cheapest way to fly from Seattle to England around July 8, 2010

I want to fly from Seattle to England around July 8, 2010. Any suggestions about the most affordable route and/or airlines(s)? My final destination is in the mid-lands area near Birmingham.

thanks,
Sam

Posted by
873 posts

Look it up on sites like Kayak, Bing.com/travel, Mobissimo, Dohop.

I did a quick search and it looks like the cheapest option is $1080.00 on US Airways on July 7.

Posted by
842 posts

Whatever you do, do not fly USAir if it involves a transfer thru Philly. You will have an excellent chance of missing your connection.

Also US Err has cattle car seating in its over-the-pond planes.

Just got back after using them...never again!

Posted by
629 posts

Have you checked the prices to fly from Vancouver direct to England? We have charters to London & Manchester.

Posted by
873 posts

I don't know if two international flights with separate passport/customs checks are worth what I assume would be minimal savings, if any. It would involve a separate flight to Vancouver or a 3+ hour drive (depending on what's going on at the border).

Posted by
881 posts

Hi, Sam.

The odds of getting a cheap flight in July are not that great. Just fyi.

Use all the usual tricks - try and be as flexible as possible, try leaving midweek, play with return dates (Vancouver and Portland as other have mentioned).

Another option would be to try one of the big hubs: Newark, JFK, Philly, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, etc - then see if you can get there cheap on Southwest or one of the discount airlines. A pain - but can sometimes save a $200-300USD.

Don't wait too long if you really want to go. Historically, fares for July will just keep going up at this point.

One last option would be to try all the European hubs from Seattle (Paris/Dublin, etc), and see if you can get a Ryanair/Easyjet flight to England.

Hope something in that mix helps!