Please sign in to post.

Cheap flights?

We've heard so much about cheap flights within Europe, but when we've looked at airfares in June from Dublin to Rome, the cheapest flights seem to be around $200 one way. Are we too late for finding a cheap fare? Or is it just because it's summer? Ryanair looks somewhat cheaper, but when we throw in all their added costs, they seem to cost about the same. Thanks!

Posted by
1216 posts

Hi Amelia. Not sure what day you want, buy I see fares as low as 80 Euro for non-stops on Aer Lingus. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
14 posts

Thanks for your replies and useful info. I should have specified that we're going sometime after June 18.

Posted by
32212 posts

Amelia, That's a fairly long hop, so I suspect the prices will be a bit higher than other routes. One possibility you could check is Aer Lingus, as they have DUB / FCO flights a low as €79.59 per person (depending on flight date). Cheapest price for June 18 is € 136.49. That's probably about the cheapest deal you're going to get. Many budget airlines use a "sliding scale", with prices increasing as the flight fills so it would be a good idea to book as soon as possible. Be sure to read their "Terms & Conditions" carefully, especially related to luggage rules. Happy travels!

Posted by
931 posts

Follow Neil's advice and book them early, for the best price. Read all of the T&C's! Note that allow only carry on one item( not a purse and a carry on!) Note size and weight requirements. We have used them with great success, and will be booking a flight from London to Dublin this May/June. But the best price we can find still comes in around $100 US, for the hours we want to fly. It's not like the "good ole days" Sometimes the best price can be had if you book a round trip flight and only use one leg. (be careful when you do this.)

Posted by
14 posts

Thanks, all. We went ahead and booked Aer Lingus. It costs a bit more than we planned but I suppose it's not unreasonable. We paid extra for luggage and seat.