Please sign in to post.

Changing Trains

Am travelling from Paris CDG Airport to Brussels. Need to change train at Lille. Question: 1. How much time do we have to change train?
2. Do I have to walk far to board the connecting train to Brussels, as I have 2 big luggages.

Posted by
32201 posts

Karen, It would help to have a bit of further information..... Which Terminal at CDG will your flight be arriving? Also, which is your destination station in Brussels? Most of the rail connections I checked have a change at Brussels Midi. I didn't see any at Lille (although that may be the case with some trains). You can check the details on your trip by using the German Rail website, which will also show how much time you have to change trains. Happy travels!

Posted by
3 posts

Am arriving at Paris CDG Terminal 1. On arrival, will immediately take the TGV train which show a transfer at Lille. Will be going to Brussels Midi. Details below; 11/01/13 10:37 Arriving 11/01/1312:26 Duration 1h 49mFrom AEROPORT CDG 2TGVTo BRUXELLES MIDI Changes 1 Via Lille
£100.00 Continue >> Is TGV the best train option or there are others which is cheaper.

Posted by
32201 posts

Karen, Where are you getting your rail information? The results I'm finding are somewhat different. You can get full information on the walking routes between terminals and rail stations at the airport, including pictures, on THIS Website. Does your flight arrive at 10:37? Some of the trains to Brussels are direct (ie: no changes). From Terminal 2, travel will be via RER "B" to Gare du Nord, and then direct to Brussels via Thalys (or whatever) from there. There are several rail stations in Brussels. Could you confirm that Midi is the one you want?

Posted by
2393 posts

Here is a direct train: Aeroport Paris-Charles de Gaulle TGV Fr, 11.01.13 dep 10:37 TGV 9855 TGV Subject to compulsory reservation, Global price, Bar coach
Bruxelles-Midi Fr, 11.01.13 arr 12:23 Looks much like the the one you have but no change in Lille

Posted by
1589 posts

I can address #2: The Lille station is only about 6 tracks wide as I recall- transfer should be easy. Get rid of at least one of those big bags!

Posted by
20074 posts

Yes, there are 3 direct trains from CDG to Brussels-Midi. 10:37, 11:07, and 13:10. No need to change trains.

Posted by
32738 posts

You would be advised to take the train which does not require a connection, particularly if you are hauling steamer trunks. If you do decide to change train in Lille, be very careful to ensure you don't also have to change stations. There are two main stations in Lille which are a few hundred metres apart. Thery are called Lille Flandres and Lille Europe.

Posted by
8700 posts

As Christine said, the timetables show a direct TGV departing at 10:37. The next direct TGV departs at 11:07. The standard 2nd class fare is €77.00; but if you book today on tgv-europe.com, you can get a Loisir fare of €57.00. However, discount fare tickets are non-exchangeable and non-refundable. If your plane is late and you miss your train, your ticket will be worthless and you'll have to buy a new one at full fare on a later train. What time is your flight scheduled to arrive? You will need to allow up to one hour to clear immigration/passport control and you will need to allow time to take the free CDGVAL driverless shuttle train from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2. The TGV station is at Terminal 2. CDGVAL trains run every 4 minutes and the ride takes around 8 minutes. If I were buyng a discount fare TGV ticket, I would allow three hours between my plane's arrival time and my train's departure time.

Posted by
3 posts

thank you all so much for the useful information. It certainly helps alot to plan my trip. I am arriving at 6.25 a.m. so there will be time for me to catch the 11.00 a.m train. I guess on my return trip from Brussels Midi to Paris Gard Du Nord would not be a problem.