Please sign in to post.

CDG Airport

Best way to get from CDG airport Paris to St. Germaine in Paris.

Posted by
8700 posts

If you're packing light, take the RER B to Saint-Michel Notre-Dame. Depending upon the address of your hotel, you may be able to walk from there if you're packing light. Otherwise you can transfer to the Metro. The cost for a single ticket from CDG to anywhere in central Paris is €9.25. If you give the name and address of your hotel, I'll suggest a specific route.

Posted by
11507 posts

Also, if staying at a hotel they almost always tell you the metro/rer stop nearest to them and suggest routes, but of course Tim is right on the money, if you can handle your luggage take the RER in. If you have too much luggage to easily and safely handle( you may encounter stairs, and if you are overloaded you will be easy pickings for a pick pocket) or if you have little kids with you, then take a taxi, will cost about 45-55 euros.

Posted by
13 posts

We just returned from Paris this weekend and I HIGHLY recommend the taxi... unless cost is a major concern. We planned to arrive in Paris after 4 days of jet-lagged wedding celebations & knew we'd be totally exhausted. I agonized over transport options (taxi/RER/shuttle)for weeks, but was finally convinced by others on this helpline that taxi service was the most reliable & easy option. They were SO right! Cost for the taxi from CDG to the 6th Arr was 63E & the return ride was 65E. Both trips were during heavy rush hours (4p.m. & 8 a.m.). Both taxi drivers were very courteous, professional & really knew their way thru the heavy traffic. The taxi gate @ CDG is very easy to find (Gate 11) and we waited in line less than 5 minutes for our taxi. For our return trip to CDG, we made a reservation with the G7 Taxi Company (they have a special phone number for English speaking customers). Driver arrived right on time, was really professional and had a very comfortable car. Also... if you decide to take the taxi from CDG, it's a good idea to have your destination address written down to show the driver. It will make things much easier & less stressful for both you & the driver and help minimize any potential communication confusion. Phone number for the G7 Taxi Company (for English speaking customers)is:
01-41-27-66-99. Bon voyage!