Please sign in to post.

carry on baggage

can anyone recommend a suitcase/bag to use for carry on luggage with alitalia's limit of 11 pounds?

Posted by
19240 posts

I just got an RS Appenzell bag, and with everything I take with me to Europe, it weighs 9# 12oz. But, no matter the bag, with an 11# weight limit, you can't have more than 11# of "stuff".

Posted by
16081 posts

It's very difficult to get a bag down to under 11 lbs.

The lightest convertible backpack is the Outdoor Products Essential Carry-On.

However, keeping that to 11 lbs will be difficult. Once trick is to get something from Scottevest. They wear bags, not jackets. Although, wearing a jacket to Italy in the summer might be suspicious.

Scottevest does have a foldable rain jacket that has lots of pockets but folds into a small packet for travel. You could wear that onto the plane with the pockets stuffed and then transfer your stuff back into the carry-on later.

Posted by
1078 posts

Would suggest a backpack in this case. Most carry-ons weigh in at 11 to 12 lbs, and you normally can fill them with about 20lbs of cloths, so, you carry half as much in a pack.

If you're not traveling in the summer, wear a coat and fill all the pockets! I do it all the time and nobody(so far) cares!