Please sign in to post.

Car service in Munich, Germany

I need a car/driver service from Munich to Salzburg. Has anyone had any experience with myDriver in Munich? Can anyone recommend a car/driver service in Munich?

Posted by
33572 posts

I would never use a driver on that route because the roads are so much more crowded and slow than the simple easy to use and cheap train which is much faster. Goes from the centre of town to the centre of town,too.

I've never heard of myDriver (but note that the name is in English, not the expected German).

I wish you good luck getting just the driver that you need.

Posted by
8309 posts

Nigel's right that the train is the way to travel that route.

Posted by
32330 posts

Jay,

I can't recommend a car/driver service, but I'm a bit curious on why you'd choose that option rather than the frequent and fast trains (which will be much cheaper).

Posted by
3 posts

I'm considering a car service to save time. From the Munich airport, I have to take a train to the main train station in Munich, which involves changing trains on that short trip. I will change trains again at the main train station. After arrival in Salzburg, I will have to take a taxi to my hotel. The car service will transport me directly from the Munich airport to my hotel in Salzburg.

Posted by
33572 posts

To save time?

By train you don't need to do all that.... only one change at München Ost station. 2 hours and 17 minutes all together, from the airport right to the centre of Salzburg.

By car, if there is no traffic - and I have never seen no traffic on that route - it is at least 2 hours.

Is it really worth all that money for 17 minutes. Or the other way, it may be much longer than 2 hours by car.

Posted by
980 posts

Sorry I can't recommend a car service but I agree with others that driving will not save you time. The train is the way to go for this route. If you are arriving after 9am just purchase a Bayern Ticket from a DB machine and jump on the first available S8 train to München Ost. From there switch to any regional train to Salzburg from platform 8 running every hour at 4 minutes past the hour. Couldn't be easier.

DJ

Posted by
12040 posts

By car, if there is no traffic - and I have never seen no traffic on that route - it is at least 2 hours.

Adding to Nigel's comment, I have without fail encountered multiple Staus on that route, even when driving mid-morning during the work week. It is a very scenic route to drive, but extremely slow.