Please sign in to post.

Car Rental in Germany

Hi everyone!

Would you please recommend a car rental agency or website to rent a car in Germany. I want a car for 4 days. I'll pick it up in Wurzburg and drop it off in Munich, I will be crossing Austria for a day and come back to Munich. Your recommendation would be greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Posted by
8700 posts

Specifically for Germany many people on this board recommend Gemut. For anywhere in Europe you can't go wrong with AutoEurope. I think Gemut is affiliated with AutoEurope.

Posted by
31 posts

Gil, I did the same trip last October but picked up in Munich and dropped off in Wurzburg. I used Europe Car and rented an automatic VW Golf. The pick up/drop off in Munich is about 1 block from the train station so it was a little more difficult to find but we got 4 days for about $350 but I pre paid here in the US on the internet so I got a better rate. I would expect it to be a little higher now than last year because of the weak dollar but I also did not purchase the insurance as it was covered on my CC. Good luck, it is a great drive.