Please sign in to post.

Car Rental

I am wondering about using a car company for a car rental in Ireland. I am thinking about Auto Europe, is that a good reliable company to use?

Posted by
2779 posts

AutoEurope is a broker, just like holidayautos.com, sunnycars.com and others. You usually won't know which actual company you're really renting from until you get your vouchers. That doesn't mean they're necessarily bad. Not at all. But check the .ie-websites of Hertz, Europcar, Avis and Budget as well...

Posted by
3551 posts

I used autoeurope in Nov 2006 for a UK rental. All went well and there rate wsa better than the other majors. To comp costs I always ck 3 and compare prices.

Posted by
410 posts

We usually use Auto Europe in UK, Ireland and continental Europe - probably about 6 - 8 times in the last 5 - 8 years and have always been happy with the service. They seem very customer focussed and friendly and efficient. And cost has always been good.

Posted by
389 posts

Okay, going on this summer's plans, but our group of 6 is renting a Zafira from Enterprise and the rate is inclusive (CDW, theft protection and VAT) for 5 days and is $200+ less than the same vehicle with Auto Europe. I did a lot of hunting and stumbled upon Enterprise since the search engines for rental cars in Europe usually don't include Enterprise in the list of rentals. Just go to www.enterprise.com and click "renting in Ireland." Same choices, same hours. I haven't checked the service or reliability, but here they work for me.