Please sign in to post.

car rental

We are spending 4 days in Tuscany in the Montalcino area and need advice on the best way to rent a car. We wil be flying back to the states from Milan. Thanks, George

Posted by
3313 posts

There's lots of advice on this site. My opinion is to use Autoeurope (www.autoeurope.com). They can reserve a rental car with you at the best rates. They have many locations to pick up a car and you can drop it somewhere else.

Posted by
3551 posts

I agree with Doug on using consolidator autoeurope. In Aug 2007 I used them. great rate and service.

Posted by
2091 posts

I compare several of the car rental agencies. Autoeurope is probably the best for Italy but Europcar is another good one to try.

Posted by
3313 posts

Actually, Autoeurope represents Europcar and guarantees that their rate will match or better the rates offered on other websites.

Posted by
3551 posts

Skip Europcar rental even if their rates are lower. They are very difficult to deal with. After 2 months I finally got my wrongfully charged xtra day refunded from Aug 2007 trip. And that is after numerous calls and emails. Spoils the after effect of a wonderful trip.

Posted by
479 posts

Also try the rental car services from Gemut.com. I've used them and it's great. They have some fantastic rates, you pay everything in US dollars, and there's someone state-side that you can call any time if you have any issues.