Please sign in to post.

car rental

We are flying into Frankfurt and will be in the area for two weeks. We would like to drive into the Czech Republic for a week. We will need to rent a larger vehicle for our 6 passengers. Is there a car rental company that I can book online that allows travel between the two countries?

Posted by
9363 posts

If you're flying back out of Frankfurt I'm not sure how the rental agency would know where you had been in the meantime. When I've rented online I haven't been asked my itinerary. But if you plan to drop off in the Czech Republic, there would most likely be a large fee for dropping off in a different country.

Posted by
2193 posts

A few additional items to consider: insurance coverage, driving rules and regulations, International Driving Permit is required in Czech Republic, tax sticker must be purchased to use highways in Czech Republic, and Czech Republic has one of the highest accident fatality rates in Europe. Don’t mean to be a downer…just a few extra things to think about when planning. BTW, Renting from Hertz at FRA is very easy…autos are located right at the airport in an underground parking garage.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you for the replies. I appreciate your time and suggestions as we are neophyte travelers.