Please sign in to post.

Buying Airline tickets

Hello, I wanted to know if it was better buying airline tickets from Paris to Spain while in Eurpore or before our trip, here in the US. Also, what airlines or websites might I look at when researching flights within Europe? Thank you, and trip is still aways off.

Posted by
544 posts

It'll be cheaper if you book your flight ahead. Kayak.com and skyscanner.com are good websites. I like flights.google.com a lot too.

You should pay online ahead of time to check your bag and do online check-in before you go to the airport.

Posted by
8309 posts

The big budget airline servicing Spain is Vueling. You could check their website.

If you're going Paris to Barcelona, many travelers take the relatively new fast train downtown to downtown in about 6 1/2 hrs.

Posted by
8889 posts

The best place to buy air tickets is on the website of the airline. For the budget airlines that is the only place you can book them, budget airlines do not always show up on price comparison sites.
They earlier you book the flights the cheaper they will be. It doesn't matter where you are (Europe or USA), the Internet is worldwide; just when, the earlier the better.

You don't say where you are going in Spain, so we can't say what airlines fly there. My advice is to look at the Wikipedia page for the airports in Paris and your destination (for example Paris Charles de Gaulle). About half way down is a big table listing all the airlines and destinations served. You can then make a list of airlines and check them out individually.