Please sign in to post.

Britrail Pass

According to our Travel Journey Details, the trip from Bath to Edinburgh requires a transfer in London via Underground from Paddington to Kings Cross. We have a flexible Britrail pass. Do I need tickets for the Underground or just use the Britrail Pass?

Thank you

Posted by
445 posts

You can get a train to Edinburgh from Reading station'so you don;t have to go all the way into London and switch terminals. If you have not made reservations yet, look into this on The Trainline.
I use Reading Station (a great rail junction( all the time and I know I have seen Edinburgh trains.
I don't think they run that frequently though. Your train from Bath will go through Reading on its way to London. I do believe that there are a few trains from Oxford that go to Edinburgh as well, on the Cross COuntry line that goes to Manchester, Sheffield,etc. You might have to change in Sheffield though.

I would find not having to go from one railroad terminal to another in London much easier.

Good luck!

Posted by
6 posts

thank you for your reply. I checked Reading trains to Edinburgh. They all stop at Paddington. I guess the other option is going to Bristol. I just also wanted to know if I need to buy a separate ticket to use the Underground.