Please sign in to post.

British airways sale—-$651 for RT SEA to London and back (September dates)

That is for Economy Basic (no checked bags) and you might want to pay to choose your seats in advance. But still. . . I haven’t seen a price like that, ever.

Earlier dates are probably higher; I did not check those.

Edit—I just checked June.. $1121 for mid-June dates.

Posted by
330 posts

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and SEA-LHR Premium economy is on sale as well. Playing around with different date and departure time combinations, outbound mid-week in mid-September, returning mid-week in early October, I found a RT for $1450. Most premium economy fares I’ve been seeing for September/October are $2000 and up.

Posted by
1924 posts

I am going to London next October and returning from Lisbon.

I have been watching both American and Delta and checking on fares about twice a day.

Thanks for posting. I am going to do an evening check.

Posted by
6293 posts

I'm not looking... I'm not looking... I'm not looking...

We bought tickets last week for next fall. No looking back! No regrets!

I'm not looking... I'm not looking...

Posted by
427 posts

Wow, wish I could take advantage of this! Working in education means we mainly travel in the summer but hope some of you can get this great deal.

Posted by
5748 posts

Gosh that's good for BA. In the opposite direction £549 London to Seattle return, barely more to Vancouver.
That's an opportunity.
I need to think about that.
Have just let a friend in Seattle know about that as well.

Posted by
11180 posts

-$651 for RT SEA to London and back

in the cargo hold?

Posted by
2945 posts

joe, don't judge. We're all on the same plane.

One thing I'm looking forward to in retirement is travelling during non-peak seasons. Right now I'm locked into travelling June-August with pretty much everyone else. Some day.

Posted by
16273 posts

“In the cargo hold?” No, not even luggage can go in the hold. Economy Basic on BA means no checked luggage, and no free seat choice. But you can pay to choose seats to make sure you don’t end up in the middle seat.

Posted by
1924 posts

My multi city round trip which includes Aus to Lon and Lis to Aus did not change.

I also want the option of checking one bag and picking my own seat in advance

Posted by
16273 posts

The sale price does not seem to work for multi-city trips, just RT. I looked at that and for flying into London and out from Amsterdam it was an extra $800! But one could take the Eurostar or a separate short-haul flight with BA or any other carrier.

Posted by
5748 posts

Into November the fares get even better. On the UK version of the website I've just found BA non stop Premium Economy return LHR to SEA for £907 return, out on 1 November, return on 9 November but generally on Tuesday to Thursday flights in both directions, including baggage. I don't know if it's such good prices then for SEA to LHR return.
You can even get that fare connecting at Dallas Fort Worth, on AA domestically, though no obvious reason to want to do that.

Posted by
3227 posts

Thanks for posting this Lola. I'm in the same boat as Jane, I booked our flight to London for the fall a couple weeks ago. But, I couldn't resist looking. Basic economy on BA, and choosing a seat, I could have saved about $200 (approx) over the Iceland Air flight I booked. AND, it would have been direct from Seattle, instead of the brief stopover in Iceland. They are both partners with Alaska airlines too, which we always prefer. Oh well..........