Please sign in to post.

British Airways sale?

I just wanted to share for those of you flight watching. I just booked my flight to Scotland for next August. I wasn't going to book anytime soon because I figured flight prices would fluctuate a lot before then. However, I got my ticket, round trip from Seattle to Glasgow for $755. I never figured I would be able to fly from the west coast for that price, especially in the summer. It's not direct, I have a layover in London flying there and a layover in Philadelphia on the way back but I don't mind layovers on trips that long. I don't know if this was some kind of sale or just a fluke that I stumbled upon. I'm so excited though!

Posted by
106 posts

Hi Rosemary,
Congrats you're going to Scotland! This also happened to me planning a trip to Italy for next June. I was watching fares and decided when fares reach $800. (my budget), I would buy them. Well one morning before work, I saw a RT /nonstop / open jaw from Boston to Italy for $714.00. Bought tickets without a second thought. Have a great trip!

Posted by
1928 posts

I always appreciate when people post airfare deals. Thank you! I'm not currently looking but it is always good to have the heads up.

Posted by
17253 posts

That is an amazing price -- you did well. About half of the normal price for this route, in my experience . And there is no way to go from Seattle to Glasgow without a layover somewhere. Hope you have a great trip!

Posted by
11294 posts

That's a phenomenal price! I just paid $690 to go from New York to Glasgow and Liverpool to New York in September, and I thought I got a good deal, so going from Seattle in August, you really got a bargain!