Please sign in to post.

Bordeaux to Munich Flights May 2016

Thanks to everyone for helping me pare down my trip in order to enjoy each destination more intensely. Now I'm working on a NONSTOP one-way flight from Bordeaux (BOD) to Munich (MUC) on 5/19/16. I can't seem to find any direct flights unless I shift a day forward and fly Volotea (only flies 2 days/week this route). I like Volotea's price but not dates of departure. If necessary, I would also consider departure from Toulouse (TLS).

Here are my two questions:
1. I don't know much about Volotea. Any advice?
2. Is there an alternate airline I'm missing that flies direct BOD to MUC?

Posted by
7026 posts

Do you have to have a NONSTOP? You can fly on Air France from Bordeaux to Munich with a stop at CDG. It's probably not much longer than a nonstop. I don't know the cost or timing of the flight on Volotea but I'm thinking the one stop on Air France is as inexpensive and it's a major airline. I might be willing to live with the one stop.

Posted by
8 posts

I don't HAVE to have a non-stop, but connecting through CDG burns up most of the day. AF is $350pp and Volotea is $150pp.

Posted by
7026 posts

For some strange reason the flight/s on Air France are cheaper if booked separately rather than as a through flight. Booked separately (BOR-CDG and then CDG-MUN) it totals up to $116 for non-refundable, one carry-on only and $161 for refundable (with fee) plus one checked bag. However, you are correct that the Volotea flight is shorter (2hrs vs 4-1/2hrs - total flight time) but you have to change the day you wanted to fly. With flights it always seems to be a give/take just depends on what you're willing to give. Personally I'd have to do some further research and find some reliable reviews of Volotea before making a final decision. I'm sure they are fine but it's best to check thoroughly.