Please sign in to post.

bologna train station transfer time

I am taking the train from innsbruck to florence with a transfer in bologna(12 Minutes) Does someone know the platform lay out and should this be enough time to get from one train to the other. MY wife has a bad knee and cannot walk very fast. The first train in a standard and the second a eurostar, are their platforms in the same area. Is there a way to find out track assignments prior to departure date

Posted by
2189 posts

I hope someone else will have more info. for you, but we went through the Bologne station on our way to Florence last year. The trains are all in the same general area and it's not a huge station. You don't have a lot of time, but the good news is the trains seem to run relatively frequently. It helped me that I knew the name of the train I wanted when I read the reader board. I think we had about 10 min. from the time we got our ticket to the time the train departed and we did fine. My husband has bad knees as well.

Posted by
16333 posts

Rodney has another thread going on this , in the same Transportation forum. Some of answered on that one. Maybe they can be consolidated?