Please sign in to post.

Bike Tours

Looking for a 7 day bike tour for next year. I would like an electric bike if I am going through hilly terrain. Otherwise, I regular bike will do. Can anybody recommend a good company? I am open to any European rides. Thanks, Lisa

Posted by
1457 posts

We used Radweg-Reisen to do a tour around Lake Constance and were very pleased with them and the tour! They offer an electric bike option. They have numerous tours on their website https://www.cycling-holiday.com/

for some of the tours they use other tour operators. We are doing another bike tour next year through Velociped along the Mosel. I asked a question about this company just a few days ago in a post on this forum. I got one reply with a good recommendation for this company.

Probably the two most popular bike tours in central Europe are the one around lake Constance, and biking along the Danube.

It's a great way to experience Europe!!! Have fun!

Posted by
2528 posts

Go to BikeTours.com an American Company that has a good website with a proper search function and great staff. A 5% discount if a member of Adventure Cycling. Seems like more electric assisted bikes are available these days. Enjoy!

Posted by
1825 posts

We just spent three nights in Burgundy based in Beaune and had electrics for two days. I've seen several companies that offer services to transport bags while you ride from town to town. Vineyards, small towns,
canals, great food and more...Burgundy is wonderful.

Posted by
33 posts

Last May we took a fantastic 7 night cycle trip from Venice, Italy to Mantova along the Po River River Valley. It was a cycle/barge aboard the Ave Maria. Company we booked through was Cycletours Holidays which is located in Amsterdam. Their service was excellent. Through them we rented outstanding bikes. Several riders rented electric bikes. We would recommend this to anyone.

Posted by
422 posts

Here are a couple of other suggestions, both of which I have done many tours with and can strongly recommend: InnTravel. and Headwater. Both offer a wide range of cycling holidays in many European countries, many with an e-bike option. You could link several holidays in different countries and travel by train between them. There's also a Canadian company called OK Cycle Tours, that I'm considering for next year.