Please sign in to post.

Best airfare tracking site for flights to Europe 2017?

What do you use to get your best deal notification?

Posted by
308 posts

Momondo.com is my favorite with Google flights at a close second. I often find Momondo has the better deals.

Posted by
7049 posts

I use kayak or www.itasoftware.com, but keep in mind that many schedules are not posted this far in advance and tracking flights works best within a certain time window because airlines on competitive routes are trying to match fares and, at that point, they have some way to gauge demand. I track about 6-8 months before the trip but not earlier because the information won't be credible too far out. Also, not all airlines participate in third-party comparison sites, so you'll have track them separately using their own website info.

Posted by
1625 posts

I don't do deal notifications, I use a spreadsheet to compare kayak to the actual airline. Kayak will give you a price using mutiple airlines, and I only like using one for my flights (and partners). I also suggest signing up at Travelzoo.com, they will send you a weekly "Top 20" deals and if you are not flying open jaw you can get some fabulous deals. I was able to book a round trip flight from LAX-Heathrow on Air New Zealand for $700.00 each back in 2008 through Travelzoo, it was a flash 48 hour sale and since I had been tracking prices for a few months I knew that was a great deal. If you don't track the high and low prices, then you wont know a deal when you see it.