Please sign in to post.

Bernina Express

We want to take the "trenino rosso" from Tirano to St Moritz in May. Do I make reservations from the US? How? The website is in Italian and I cannot understand it.

Posted by
32212 posts

Carole, I travelled on the Bernina Express last year, and as I recall I just made reservations and bought the ticket when I was in Switzerland, a few days before I'd be travelling (made the arrangements in Lugano I think, but I would have to check my records). The scenery along the route is beautiful! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Happy travels!

Posted by
16325 posts

The Bernina Express (Rhaetische Bahn) has its own website, and you camn make reservations there: http://www.rhb.ch/ You can switch it to English. Note that there are many regional trains on this route, running nearly hourly, and many are not reservable. The actual "Bernina Express" leaves Tirano a bit after noon.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you both for your replies. I found the translation key in the right hand corner of the Bernina Express website.
I've read that St Moritz is not much to get excited about. I'm wondering if we should make a round trip in one day and just stay at Il Grappolo near Tirano. Any thoughts?