Please sign in to post.

Bayern Ticket

Does anyone have anymore information about this? The germantravel-info site doesn't seem to display a map. Can I get to Schloss Neuschweinstein with it? Can I get to Salzburg with it? How many days does it last?

Posted by
19092 posts

The time period is "one day", actually from midnight on a weekend or 9 AM on a workday, always until 3 AM the next day. Yes, you can go to Neuschwanstein, and in fact, it will also cover the bus from Füssen Bahnhof to Hohenschwangau. It is also valid to the Hbf in Salzburg although not for transit in Salzburg.

You can see the validity map here. It basically covers all rail lines in Bavaria, as well as a loop through Baden-Württemburg from Memmingen to Hergatz (complete trip only) as well as the Ausserfernbahn through the Austrian Tirol from Kempten to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Ulm (B-W), Kufstein (AT), and Salzburg are considered "border stations".

What page of my website were you trying to use to find a validity map? Click on "Länder map" in the Rail Home banner, then on "Bavaria" on the map. I've always had a link to the map there, but I recently discovered that Bayern-Takt had reorganized their site and broken the link. I restored it a couple of days ago.