Please sign in to post.

Bayern Ticket

Hi, I know that the Bayern ticket can be used to go from Munich to Salzburg, but can it be used to go from Salzburg to Munich?? If so, should these be purchased beforehand in Munich or online, or can you buy a Bayern ticket in Salzburg at the machines? Thanks for your help!

Posted by
190 posts

Hi Joanne, Yes you can purchase a Bayern Ticket at the Salzburg train station simple and easy to do. Wendy

Posted by
19099 posts

There were Bahn ticket automats on the platforms in Salzburg Hbf. There was also supposed to be a Bahn ticket counter in the Salzburg Hbf, but I don't know how that is affected by the renovation going on there. Last may I also saw the Bayern-Ticket for sale from the Austrian Rail automats in Salzburg Hbf.

Posted by
811 posts

yes. it covers round trip. in fact, i'm not sure if they sell one way for lower price.

Posted by
19099 posts

? The Bayern-Ticket is not a round-trip ticket, nor a one-way ticket. It's an all-day, hop on/off pass for regional trains. One price for all day, whether you go one-way, round-trip, or open jaw. If you buy it in Munich before going to Salzburg for the day, you can use it for the trip back (as long as you finish before 3 AM the following day. But, if you are starting in Salzburg, for a one way trip to Munich, or for any other travel in Bavaria, you can purchase it at the Salzburg Hbf.