Please sign in to post.

Batobus in Paris

Is it worth getting tickets for-- to use to get from one place to another and take a little ride on Seine. Do not want the bateau m.

Was thinking it could be nice or fun for the kids. Thoughts?

Posted by
10221 posts

My first visit to Paris was in the summertime. We were there for 5 days and got multi day passes for the batobus. It was a fun way to get around. There are multiple stops on both sides of the river. It will take you close to just about anywhere, though if you want to go to Montmartre for example you would have to take the metro or a bus.

Posted by
5697 posts

But if all you want us "a little ride on the Seine" you might prefer a 1-hour boat ride (I like Vedettes de Pont Neuf) and using metro/bus between specific sights -- or just walking.

Posted by
882 posts

I have used Batobus as a vehicle for a scenic boat ride and, simultaneously, as a water taxi. It worked well for both. Fun? I guess...not exciting, but Paris is a beautiful (and fun) place. At 17 euro for an all day pass (discounted for children ... see the Batobus website), I leave the "value" for others to consider.

Posted by
10221 posts

For me, being on the water is nicer than being underground on the metro. My first trip to Paris was in 2006. I'll be there next month for trip #6. I haven't used the batobus since 2006 and it seems the price has increased significantly. I remember a 5 day pass was about the same price as 2 one day passes. At the above mentioned price, if you don't want to use the batobus as a mode of transportation I would suggest a one hour boat tour. I like to do that at night.