Please sign in to post.

Bath to Edinburgh

I'll be finishing a tour for quilters on May 24 in Bath. I'd like to meet my husband in Edinburgh and join Rick's Scotland tour that starts the same day. Possible? Any ideas on the best, quickest way to get from Bath to Edinburgh in one day.

Posted by
16893 posts

Trains take about 7 hours, usually with one connection in Bristol. There's also a direct train at 6:00 a.m. See www.nationalrail.co.uk and book up to 3 months ahead for the best price.

Posted by
42 posts

Thanks. Someone from the Forum, Webmaster I think, directed me to BritRail information. That helped.

Posted by
619 posts

There are several flights a day from Bristol Airport to Edinburgh and a regular bus service from Bath to the airport. Flights take just over an hour. Check out the Bristol Airport website.

Posted by
2639 posts

yes Easyjet flight from Edinburgh to Bristol and then local bus, much easier.i have done the Edinburgh Bristol flight a few times ,very easy. last time I did it a few years ago hade a flight about 8.00am and was in the centre of Bristol by about 10.00am

Posted by
4859 posts

"...best, quickest way to get from Bath to Edinburgh...". Take a private car from Bath to Bristol airport. Really not that expensive and very quick and hassle free. Then take Easy Jet from there to Edinburgh. Very efficient, cheap, and for just a little more you can take more than one carry on bag and get priority boarding. Depending on the location of the hotel in Edinburgh you might want to take the tram that goes from the airport to the central city. Can give you details if you decide to go this way.

Posted by
1 posts

"...best, quickest way to get from Bath to Edinburgh...". Take a private car from Bath to Bristol airport. Really not that expensive and very quick and hassle free.

Thanks for the answer and hello to the community, I have the same question and I've already looked for further information.

I compared prices for private cars here and it's £65.85 for the cheapest transfer option. I think the cheapest way is a shuttle bus or railway, nearly £70 is a quiet costly way to travel compared to a £14.50 train ticket, although a private car transfer is the more convenient one.

Posted by
4859 posts

Last spring the car service we used from Bath to the Bristol Airport was not nearly that expensive but things might have changed. Suggest you check chauffertravel.co.uk as we were very pleased with the price. Send an email to enquiries@chauffertravel.co.uk and request a quote. They respond quite promptly.