Please sign in to post.

BA 747 business seats or AA777 business seats?

If everything else is the same, which seat would you choose in business class for a flight from chicago to london, British Airways 747 or American Airlines 777. I have flown the BA 747 business and found the seats good but am a bit concerned when seeing that AA 777 business seats are stated to be "angled", please give me some guidance, when springing for these seats I want to make the right choice!!

Posted by
922 posts

Use seatguru.com to find out the specific planes on your date/route. There should be reviews for both airlines/seats. BA has a better reputation for its service and they have lie-flat seats. The AA angle-flat seats are not as good.

Be careful if you are booking an award ticket for this trip. BA usually has very high fuel surcharges on award tickets. I have heard of BA fuel surcharges of $800 on award tickets. AA does not have these surcharges.

Posted by
4324 posts

I'm sure this has been addressed on Flyertalk, those guys/gals talk about EVERYTHING

Posted by
61 posts

If the choice is lay-flat vs angled seats, and you plan on using the bed function, there is no comparison. Go with the flat seat.