Please sign in to post.

Are airfares Seattle to Paris likely to drop in the fall?

Hello,
In January 2019 I booked a RT non-stop flight on Air France from Seattle to Paris for $524. (I know -- amazing deal!) Departed Seattle Nov 1st and returned Dec 1st. I am going back to Paris for roughly the same time this year (Oct 23 to Nov 22). Airfares have almost doubled this year, ranging from $1019 to $1097 depending on where you look. Why the difference and does anybody have an idea of when and if the fares will drop? I realize this is kind of a crystal ball question....

Many thanks!

Posted by
1625 posts

I just think it is still too early. We are also looking at Paris for around the same dates and not seeing any great deals. Just do like always, keep an eye on it and keep checking. I am expecting around July to see some fall airfare sales.

Posted by
8141 posts

Your guess is as good as ours. Prices are all a product of supply and demand.
I'm seeing Sunday and Monday departures @ $878 when you want to go. Most round trips are about mid $9's. I'm showing Delta is the best for non-stops to Paris.
Good luck!

Posted by
8375 posts

I think prices will drop before next fall. I encourage you to also consider one-stops such a Iceland Air which has sales every few months.

I think anything between $600-$800 you should consider a good fare.

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you both.

Yeah, Delta's good. They're partners with Air France and are the "real" airline, at least going east. It think it's Air France coming back. As for waiting, yes, I agree it's best. That $524 RT fare I got last January must have been a lucky anomaly. But I'll keep checking too.

Good luck to everybody trying to get there with a good price!

Pete

Posted by
7029 posts

It's possible that last year you just happened to book on an Air France sale date and maybe the date will be different this year. I would keep trying for a couple of weeks to see if another sale like that pops up.

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks Carol, I didn't see your reply when I wrote mine. :)

Posted by
1625 posts

Pete I agree on the "real" airline. You may see a great fare, but no seat assignment, last to board, no luggage...that is not a great airfare to me. I want all the bells and whistles included in my bargain. We flew Aer Lingus last time and loved it. Are you using a search engine like Kayak? You can also sign up for Scotts Cheap Flights, he sends out emails on sales and will tell you how long the fares may last.

Posted by
16893 posts

I think you found a very lucky anomaly last time. It may well have been the Talk of the Forum last January. $1019 to $1097 sounds like a pretty typical price range. For travel earlier in the year, such as September, our staff departing Seattle often pay more than that. (We're also less flexible to jump on deals, since our touring schedules are not usually confirmed so far ahead.)

Posted by
3951 posts

I don’t know what your flights are like from Seattle to San Francisco but United is having fares to Paris for about $350 RT/nonstop for many dates in November. If you could take an early and inexpensive flight down to SFO you could look at these United fares. We found an inexpensive AA fare for July -August 2020 for $309 RT SFO to CDG so we bought it last week.

Posted by
3961 posts

We usually fly Delta out of SeaTac or a codeshare partner. The last time we flew to Paris was a number of years ago and we flew Air France. If I recall we paid around $1200+ RT for a September flight. I have friends who have relatives in CA. They have flown there for a visit and then fly out for better fares.

Posted by
2314 posts

I think there were a lot of us from the PNW taking advantage of those cheap flights to Paris last year! We flew in Nov. from central OR to Madrid, then back from Paris for $630 rt on Delta/Air France with connections in SEA. Bought our tickets last Jan. also.

I watched prices from SEA all last Spring because my sister (from Seattle) was thinking about joining us. Prices went up all spring to over $1k, then dropped again in the summer. But who knows what they’ll do this year.

Posted by
1625 posts

Travel4fun- you purchased your tickets for November in January? wow...I keep looking and thinking I am way to early.

Posted by
1625 posts

We are headed to New York from the West Coast in early October then are thinking of doing a short London/Paris trip after, looking for those great flight prices from the east coast and not seeing anything yet. It would be Multi Leg JFK-LHR then CDG to LAX, or CDG 1st and LHR last, does not matter.

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks a lot everybody! I really appreciate it. What a great resource this is. And Latizia, thanks for telling me about Scott's Cheap Flights, and Mona, the SFO option sounds good.

Happy travels. If find something cheap/interesting in my ongoing search I'll post the info.

Pete