Please sign in to post.

Approx. what date will summer 2019 high speed train schedule from Rome to Venice be available?

June to September 2019 for both trains?

Posted by
15679 posts

Joyful, just use current schedules for the same day of the week you'll be traveling. Schedules tend to change very little if they change at all. You just can't pre-purchase tickets until they become available.

New schedules should be out after June 8th but tickets may also become be available before that date.

Posted by
7209 posts

I bought my June Trenitalia tickets weeks ago.

Posted by
8889 posts

This is Italian Railways, they will be available when they are available. Even when there isn't a timetable change, tickets are only sold 120 days in advance, so September tickets will not be available until July.
As Kathy says, for planning use times in April or May, they are unlikely to change significantly.

And when they do appear, the cheap tickets will be available to everybody on the same date, nobody can "queue-jump".

For more info see here: https://www.seat61.com/Europe-when-do-train-bookings-open.htm

Posted by
15679 posts

Good to know, Tim. I had checked some random June dates on Trenitalia for Termini> Venezia S.L. and tickets weren't showing as purchasable yet. Evidently they are for some other dates.. :O)

Posted by
7209 posts

And don’t forget about Italo trains which also run that route.

Posted by
3812 posts

Chris is wrong: Trenitalia sells tickets up to the next timetable change, not 120 days in advance. Tickets for September will go on sale on June 9, not in July.

This is the Italian railways, so You can bet they will meet the deadline has they have been doing for 70 years.

Posted by
56 posts

Italotreno published their summer ticket prices this morning 3/16/19. Purchased tickets this morning. Much higher than expected but got seat in their 1st class for $1 more than their coach class.
Thanks everyone!