Please sign in to post.

Anyone have experence with 1-800 FlyEurope?

How can 1-800FlyEurope offer flights so cheap? Has anyone had dealings with them?

Posted by
4555 posts

I've done several random checks on that website, and I find them no cheaper than any of the other search engines. The price they initially list is before taxes....in several cases, they were actually more expensive than other search engines. What cities and dates were you using?

Posted by
23 posts

Hi Norm,

I have been trying to book Swiss or Lufthansa from Fl. to Zurich in the last wk of Jan. On those sites I am getting back over $700. Do you know of a better price?

Posted by
91 posts

I just bought roundtrip tickets into Rome and out of Amsterdam to Seattle (in late November) for around $800 which is about $200-300 cheaper than what I would have paid booking direct with the airline (Northwest).

They seem to have the cheapest that I've found lately. I don't know exactly how they do it...but I'm happy either way!

I was also able to get ff miles though NW and pick my seats and meals through them as well.

Posted by
4555 posts

For a journey 25 Jan-9 Feb, Fla-ZRH, I found Orbitz with 688 via US Air, 861 via Swiss, and 1006 via Lufthansa. On Kayak, I find 654 (from Ft Lauderdale) on United, 857 on Swiss, and 1549 on Lufthansa. On the 1800flyEurope site, I find their lowest is 703 via "a major American airline." Going direct to Swiss sees the charge jump to 985..and Lufthansa's site is outta sight...price-wise. I would think that under $700 is pretty good, Florida-Zurich. Input your dates on various search engines to see what comes up....but always check them against the airline websites themselves...some times you'll find they're lower, especially with U.S. airlines.