Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam to Bruges

My husband and I are going to Amsterdam May 14th for 9 days. We would like to go to Bruges for 3 days and visit Brussels for 1 day. We will take the train form Amsterdam to Bruges & stay for 4 nights. We will take a day trip to Brussels. I looked on line but could not get a schedule or fare price for Amsterdam to Bruges and back to Amsterdam. What is the best way to travel. We would rather take the train.

Posted by
818 posts

Bruges is nice but we liked Ghent better. Also, maybe stop in Delft (Netherlands). Liked Delft a lot. Leiden too.

Posted by
12040 posts

Trains leave hourly between Amsterdam and Brussels in both directions. Change trains in Antwerp to go to Brugge. There's usually two connections per hour during the day. You can take the high speed Thalys line, or a marginally slower intercity train, from Amsterdam to Antwerp. The trip from Antwerp to Brugge is on a regular Belgian rail train.

Posted by
1986 posts

Delft: we enjoyed Delft, nice little town, nice town sqaure with restaurants; canals near the square and a comfortable walk to the delft tile factory. Comfortable half a day stop. We did it to and from Amsterdam by train