Please sign in to post.

Alitalia - anyone traveled recently, late 2015/2016?

I am looking at booking a flight from MIA to FCO for June. I have two small children and a non-stop flight would be preferred as we are taking a red-eye. Alitalia is the only airline to provide a nonstop flight. I know there have been mixed reviews in the past, but as I understand it, they are under new ownership. I was wondering if anyone has flown them recently (late 2015 to 2016) and is willing to share their experiences.

Thanks so much,
K

Posted by
2 posts

The Etihad standards have not been enforced yet! I flew them last month, as awful as ever I'm afraid. You might be lucky though.

Posted by
1059 posts

My wife and I flew KLM to Amsterdam from LAX and then to Milan. On our way home, we flew Alitalia nonstop from Rome back to LAX. This was in September 2015. There was no comparison. Alitalia was so much better when it came to legroom. We flew a 747, then a 737, and a 777 on the way home. If given a choice, I would fly Alitalia. They were right on time and surprisingly, the food was very good. I was very worried when I booked Alitalia, but now I wouldn't hesitate to book them again. I downloaded their app and it was easy to reconfirm my flight in Rome. You could not confirm your flight beyond 24 hours. That made me a little nervous. The boarding process was a little confusing in Rome as it wasn't as well organized as KLM, but other than that, it was a great flight.