Please sign in to post.

Aix en Provence to Avignon

IS TGV really the way to go? I was looking for either regional train or bus since it was such a short distance. Also, the Aix en Provence TGV is a few km from town and probably require me to take a taxi. I see there is a regular shuttle from Avignon TGV to cental train station so not so concerned about the arrival.

Posted by
954 posts

Hi Laurie Beth,

From Aix, I would just take the bus. We took the bus everywhere when we there for a month in 2021. Aix has a wonderful bus station in town; and no need for taxis or shuttles on either end. You can go to the Tourism Office (down the block) or the Bus Station to get the schedule.

Posted by
20117 posts

Going from Aix-e-P TGV to Avignon TGV is indeed the quickest way. There is a connector train from Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre, but it looks like it is often a 30 minute wait for the connection. Using regular trains from Aix-e-P Centre, looks like you need to go into Marseille and change trains there, These will be cheaper but take at least 2 hours.

Posted by
1825 posts

Thanks everyone. I was thinking bus, too, but the posted times seemed way out of wack for such a short distance. However, direct gare routier to gare routier with no connections does sound more restful.

Posted by
54 posts

Between Aix center and TGV, bus #40. Every 20-30 minutes. €4,30 one way. You can pay the driver. The bus continues on to the Marseille airport.