Please sign in to post.

Airport transfers

We will be staying at the Budapest Marriot this summer. Our flight to Amsterdam on KLM leaves at 0600hrs. what is a good time to leave the Hotel to get there and checking ,clear security etc.
Any recommendations for a taxi service in Budapest?

Posted by
15161 posts

It's a Schengen flight, so it's equivalent to a domestic flight within the U.S.. You need to be there one hour before departure (at 5:00 am). Generally check in closes 30 min. prior to dep. Google maps gives me the Marriott at approx. 16km (10 miles) from the airport, a 30 min. drive. Leave the hotel around 4-4:15am to be sure, and you will be ok. I doubt the taxi will find any traffic at that time. For taxi service ask the hotel, although generally at a Marriott taxis will be sitting outside 24/7.

Posted by
265 posts

Given the time of the day (probably first flight out) and the size of the airport (quite small), I would not recommend arriving too early. I would arrive at the airport 1 hr 15 min before departure.

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks. Good info now we do not have to arise at zero Dark thirty

Posted by
10 posts

Any recommendations for which reliable taxi company to use? Zona, City Taxi ?
I have been told the Hotel will recommend one of the more exspensive ones ?

Posted by
15161 posts

Fotaxi: 2- 222-222 It's only about 6000 HUF plus tip and maybe some luggage charges, you're not going to go bankrupt.

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks again to Roberto. I have also been told that FOTAXI is also reliable and one of the offical licensed ones to use. Any recommendations for resturants?
We arrive via Viking river boats and have the evening of arrival and the whole next day to do a little exporation and sampling the local non hotel fare, food etc.

Posted by
320 posts

I recommend looking up which terminal your flight will depart from. The two terminals are somewhat far apart from each other by public roads and our taxi driver asked us which "airport" we were going to, which worried us a bit. He radioed our flight info to his dispatcher and got it all worked out.