Please sign in to post.

Airline seats on BA 777

I know this is a very specific request, but any advice on seating selection for "World Traveler" class on a British Airlines Boeing 777 going to Heathrow.

For any Boeing 777 in general, how are the window seats for comfort? How about on being in the middle section (what is called aisle section)?

Posted by
44 posts

Thanks, Kent.

I did look at that site earlier and saw various airlines and plane types. Got a few tips on specific seats, showing legroom restrictions and such. The posted comments did not help much.

I know preferences will vary, but still am wondering what travelers are leaning toward - window seat, aisle seat, etc.

Posted by
5470 posts

Roy, this is very much personal preference. I travel solo and always choose an aisle seat. I prefer the center section on a wide body. With an aisle seat in the center section, at most one person will need you to move to get out. In an aisle seat on the side section, two people have to slide by you.

Posted by
4324 posts

You'll probably get more and more detailed responses at a site like Flyertalk, since those guys and gals are road (flight?) warriors they know everything there is to know about seats and planes.

I was so glad I used seatguru before a recent flight on United in business class, since I would not have even considered that some seats faced backwards! Staring at either a wall or the rest of the plane would have made for a very odd trip. And in fact, some of the seats immediately faced other seats, which is even odder.

It's just a matter of trying to squeeze as many seats as possible onto the plane, I get that, but cmon.

Posted by
44 posts

Just returned from my trip to England via BA.
A 9 hour flight from Seattle. UGH and double ugh. In World Traveler class you are really packed in. Probably the same for other carriers. I'm going to look into upgrading my ticket on the next visit.

Agree with poster that personal preferences apply but an aisle is what I would choose next time.

Posted by
4324 posts

The older I get the more I appreciate that sometimes it's time to spend money, and getting into business somehow is worth the miles or money on any long flight.

Posted by
10344 posts

Yes, Roy, an aisle seat gives you extra space to stretch your legs.

Posted by
10344 posts

If you're a couple, then the big difference between wide-body 2-aisle seating is:
is it 2 seats or 3 seats at the windows?

2 seats, you're by yourself--nice.
3 seats, nope, you're with someone else.