Please sign in to post.

airfares

Is bookairfare.com a valid booking sight, or is it just a scam?

Posted by
2622 posts

I always book my airfares directly with the airline. I like to purchase from them as then I can just call them directly if a problem arises.

Posted by
9363 posts

I have never heard of that site, but I book directly with the airline I want to use.

Posted by
2707 posts

Yes, price with whoever you want, but book with the airline. I used a consolidator a few years ago to buy three round trip tickets to Lubjliana. When I went to use my credit card a week later it was rejected as I had exceeded my pretty healthy credit limit. Turns out consolidator had charged the three tickets three times! Took me about 40 hours of emails, phone calls, getting the credit card company involved. Nightmare. Never again.

Posted by
7029 posts

Use any flight comparison website to find your desired flights, then book directly with that airlines. 9 times out of 10 you'll get the best price and the best service if something goes wrong.

Posted by
6291 posts

What everyone else said. The only time we booked through a booking service, we regretted it. Our tickets were valid, but the ticket numbers did not match the system the airline (KLM, I think) used. We were held up at every juncture of the trip, while the staff verified our reservations. Every. Single. Time.

Posted by
4517 posts

What about partner airlines? Sometimes a partner airline's website will be cheaper than the airline actually flying the plane. For example I was faced with a situation where Delta.com charged $900 for a round trip on their planes. Klm.com was charging $450 for the same planes. Isn't this a case where one would not buy directly from the airline flying the plane?

Posted by
2707 posts

Partner airlines are fine. These are airlines not a consolidator. The only issues I've encountered is, in some cases, not being able to book seats when booking a flight (Delta on Virgin metal) and no United Economy Plus available when on Lufthansa metal.